Trick or Treat tips for kids:
- Look both ways when crossing the street
- Carry a flashlight, glow stick, or wear reflective strips to increase your visibility at dark
- Make sure your costume is not dragging on the ground to avoid tripping
- Do not enter any homes without your parents
- Do not eat any candy until you get home to inspect it for sharp objects or opened wrappers that may be contaminated
- HAVE FUN!
- Do not pass other vehicles that are stopped in the roadway as they are likely dropping or picking up kids.
- Pay extra attention near crosswalks, intersections and along the side of the roadways as kids tend to get overly excited and dart out in the road for the house across the street
- Drive under the speed limit for better reaction time
- Do not use cell phones or electronic devices